Pearson’s Virtual Schools group provides high-quality, highly accountable online education solutions to schools, school districts and students in grades K-12. It serves families and schools with a variety of digital learning and online school solutions including Connections Academy, Pearson Online Academy, and Pearson Connexus. The group, formerly known as Connections Education, is based in Columbia, Maryland and has been named a “Top Workplace” by the Baltimore Sun for three consecutive years and a “Best Place to Work” by Baltimore magazine. Recognized for its outstanding curriculum, high-quality teachers and leadership, Pearson Virtual Schools is committed to expanding quality education through technology, and helping students achieve both academic and personal success.
The following description is intended to describe the general nature of the job that may include other duties as assumed or assigned; it is not intended to be all-inclusive or limit the duties of the position.
The Senior Analytics & Insights Analyst will lead and support market research and competitive intelligence efforts to better understand our target audiences, improve customer experience, and differentiate our schools in the marketplace. This person will design, execute, and deliver strategic insights from qualitative and quantitative primary market research and competitive intelligence. The ideal candidate will have strong market research experience and possess excellent project management skills and success with delivering against KPIs.
We value diversity, equity and inclusion. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We seek to infuse diversity and inclusion in everything we do while promoting a culture where differences are embraced as strengths; opportunities are equal and accessible; consideration and respect are the norm; and all team members are supported in reaching their full potential.
Through our talent, we believe that diversity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce please click here The Power of Difference at https://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
- Manage family/consumer market research initiatives, including panel of current customers, annual parent and student satisfaction surveys, market research among the target population and other ad hoc projects as requested.
- Support the design and execution of research projects, including defining business question(s), developing research approaches, managing vendors, analyzing the data, and communicating results, interpretation, and recommendations to a variety of cross-functional stakeholders.
- Devise and evaluate methods for collecting data, such as surveys, opinion polls, focus groups, etc.
- Support competitive intelligence efforts. Gather, analyze, and distribute intelligence on products, market conditions, competitors, and target audiences for business decision-making. This includes but is not limited to: management of Department of Education enrollment data, website monitoring, investor call summaries, ad tracking, industry reporting, contract monitoring, and mystery shopping.
- Compile competitive and industry news coverage for distribution daily; share breaking industry news articles in real time with relevant stakeholders.
- Employ primary and secondary resources to develop actionable insights, including competitor announcements, review sites, financial reports, analyst reports, etc. to build and communicate a detailed understanding of key competitors’ strategies, offerings, go-to-market activities, and performance
- Develop innovative research solutions from complex problems and provide actionable recommendations.
- Regularly prepare and present research insights and competitive opportunities to key stakeholders and leadership. Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Must possess the ability to synthesize research findings and turn them into actionable insights to effectively drive decision making.
Must be capable of developing and implementing multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines.
Must be a self-starter and continuous learner – one who is willing to research and acquire new skills.
Must be comfortable with ambiguity and pivoting priorities- and help others be comfortable as well.
Must communicate highly complex information to colleagues in a way that can be easily understood.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, social science, psychology, statistics, or related discipline
- 5 years of experience in competitive intelligence and/or market research
- Demonstrated knowledge of research methodologies
- Ability to synthesize numerous data sources, across primary and secondary research, unstructured data, business intelligence, benchmarking, and other sources
- Proficiency with survey tools including Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey
- Fluent and up to date with the latest marketing research trends, technologies, and approaches
- Goal-oriented self-starter with strong desire to innovate
- Ability to effectively translate business needs into research solutions
- Exceptional written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects based on business-critical needs
- Ability to synthesize data from multiple sources to address complex business questions
- Extreme attention to details
- Superb problem-solving skills
- Excellent presentation skills and high level of comfort presenting findings to an executive level audience.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis a plus (conjoint, probability, regression)
- Proficiency in data visualization tools a plus (Tableau, Looker)
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $95K – $100K. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program.